March 29, 2006

Bengalooru - Here I come!

Well, I'm off for on a 4 day holiday to Bangalore - Bengalooru..
There is a one point agenda for the tour.
SIMPLY LAZE AROUND

Hope to catch up with all the gossips in the family (me staying in the scenic IISc campus) n there is a series of get-togethers with my friends.

Well, an another important milestone passes by on Financial year ending day March 31st -
Rajesh has endured a good four years ...He seems to be happy..inspite of me ;-))

So..have a respite from my blogs..Njoy!!

Trivia on Bengalooru:
The name "Bangalore" is an anglicised version of "Bengalooru," a word in the local Kannada language that was given to a town. The story goes that this word was derived from the phrase "bende kaalu ooru," which translates into "the town of boiled beans." It is said that King Ballala of the Hoysala dynasty lost his way in the jungle while on a hunting expedition. Tired and hungry, he encountered a poor, old woman who offered him the only food she had - some boiled beans. Grateful to her, the king named the place "bende kaalu ooru." However, historical evidence shows that "Bengalooru" was recorded much before King Ballala's time in a 9th century temple inscription in the village of Begur. "Bengalooru" still exists today within the city limits in Kodigehalli area and is called "Halebengalooru" or "Old Bangalore."

Whatever..Bangalore Rocks!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to go outside the IIsc campus also and get feel of bangalore. I was there in early 90's and want to know some first hand experiences on reports of congestion/traffic jams and living conditions/amenities.
Would be great if you can compare bangalore and chennai for living.

Anonymous said...

hope you had a nice time at blore. - me

sugan said...

Had a great time in Blore. wait for the series of blogs on my visit.
(Ah..do I sound like a visiting head of state!)
Me..u made my visit special. Danks.