December 19, 2008

Spouse - Shobha De

Read Spouse - By shobha de. Nice book.
Marriage is an interesting topic for a never ending discussion. The way Shobha De has approached the topic is too good. Has split the idea, on relevant topics giving a nice hindi song as title for the chapters. There is a certain clarity in her thought [ I'm talking abt this book alone ;-)]. The book is more for the upmarket- couples but there is something for everybody. She has gone into the nitty gritty of the matter- I was surprised to find her mentioning abt blowing the fuse when toothpaste is pressed in the middle. [I for one get irritated to find the toothpaste in that structure!!]. But I was wondering how all her friends, contacts keep pouring their marriage woes to her!!To her credit, the book doesn't get too preachy..Overall a good read.

1 comment:

Krishnan said...

I have not read this book though I read all her early raunchy ones like Socialite Evenings, Starry nights, etc.