July 24, 2006

Bangalore - Most Polluted?

Had been to Blore last weekend. I was destined to discover a major part of Blore that I didnt get to view before. From the cozy comforts of IISc, I travelled to meet my buddy at Koramangla..wanted to avoid peak hour traffic n I travelled at 10.00 a.m, reached the over-hyped Forum (anyday Spencers is the big brother) at 11.15 a.m.

After the usual roaming around (picked up a Sherlock Holmes at Landmark), travelled to Hosur road to accompany my friend. From there back to Koramangla - Block 1 (a welcome relief in the middle of this desert odyssey was a sumptuous lunch at Bay Leaf - thanks for the treat ..Me)..Now why I mention that as a desert bcos, I thought I was in the midst of a sand storm....Mud..Dust..smoke...what not.

I really pity the people who commute those roads ..day in and day out..And add to the chaos, the bumper to bumper traffic..

Then my return journey started at around 4.00 p.m, reached IISc just before 6.00 p.m, mind you this was on a non working saturday afternoon. I thought, half my journey was spent at the Signals..which seemed to be never ending.

Did somebody say Bangalore was a Garden City?

2 comments:

nalliyakkodan said...

You seem to be a lover of Thamizh.Strange that you support a Telugu person winning in Thamizh heartland.We had a Malayali,then a Kannadiga rule Thamizh Naadu.Now you welcome a Telugu to rule.Vaazhga Thamizhp pattru.

sugan said...

OOps...Orthos..U are wrong.
Loving one's language & culture doesnt mean that you have to hate the other languages.

Politics is a different ballgame. If somebody is willing to do something good, we should give a chance, Not that I believe in any of the present day politicians.

I'm saying dont pull them down bcos of their community, profession, etc., but judge them by their performance alone.