June 30, 2006

Asterix & Obelix

Hats off to our library people for having stocked 'Asterix & Obelix' in our office library. Was feeling elated to read thro the comics yet again. Asterix had always been one of my fav. cartoon characters. Just to think Asterix was created in 1959 is astounding, it has an impact even after sooo many years.

I simply luv the character names..oh so..humourous
Asterix - The star
Obelix - Monolith stone - and also the typographical dagger symbol (†) that is often used to denote the second footnote on a page after an asterisk (*) has been used to reference the first. [This meaning is a straight lift from the wikipedia]
VitalStatistix - The village chief
Getafix - The druid
Geriatix - The village old man
Fulliautomatix - Blacksmith
Unhygienix - Fishmonger
Bacteria - Fishmonger's wife
and many more..

My attempt @ drawing Asterix n Obelix

My other fav are

Tintin, Tom & Jerry, Richie Rich, Donald duck..(didnt have a liking to Mickey mouse - thought it was acting too smart)..

I didnt update myself with the later day cartoons..But now, thanks to Aadhu (my SIL's 4yr old son)..I give a curious glance @ Noddy, Pokeman, power puff girls & their likes

1 comment:

gt said...

Good job! I am impressed with your artistry.